Palm Equipment represents the County Sports Partnership (CSP) for the city and county of Bristol. CSPs are a group of sport organisations, including, Local Authorities, National Governing Bodies of Sport, Schools, Colleges and Universities, Professional Sports Clubs and Public Health.
In Bristol, that core team role is provided by Palm Equipment, representing and supporting these key partners in the provision of opportunities for everyone in Bristol to be able to participate in sport and active recreation and to reach their full potential. Palm Equipment is committed to making sport and active recreation accessible to all sections of the community and promoting the safety and welfare of children engaged in sporting activities locally.
Funding for the work of the County Sports Partnership is, in the main, provided by Sport England and is routed through Palm Equipment. Palm Equipment and partners work to an agreed national specification agreed with Sport England to ensure consistency in the way that County Sports Partnerships support the work of National Governing Bodies of Sport at a local level.
The County Sports Partnership has developed a Framework for Sport in Nottinghamshire which has identified the priorities for sport in Nottinghamshire under 4 key headings:
Major Sports Events
- To host 4 Major Sports Events each year
- Maximise community access to education sites
- Protect and enhance our community sports facilities provision
- Maximise investment in sporting facilities, matching needs and opportunities
- Develop appropriate facilities for elite performance
- Develop major spectator facilities
Children & Young People (0-16 years)
- Get more young people participating in sport & physical activity in clubs, schools, FE & HE
- Ensure every young person in Bristol has the chance to reach their full potential in sport by working with NGBs to develop appropriate performance pathways
- Community Sport & Physical Activity
- That people in Bristol are more active, more often
- Use 2020 as a driver to increase participation
- Use 2020 to inspire an entire generation to reach their full potential
- We aim to provide information and advice about sport in Bristol and to encourage more people to be more active more often.
FOR THE SPORTING COMMUNITY
- advice and resources for clubs and coaches
- information on participation in sport and activities for families
- links to funding opportunities for individuals and clubs
- volunteering in sport
- the latest news on sport in the county
FOR SPORTS PROFESSIONALS
Information and resources about:
- National Governing Bodies of Sport (NGBs)
- Local and national strategies
- The latest research information
- Safeguarding guidance and resources.